Favorites from Mom on Mother’s Day
In honor of Mother’s Day, we asked Sunnyside residents to share some of the most memorable advice and sayings from their moms. As you’ll see, times may change, but moms are moms!
- “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all!”
- “If I told you once, I told you a thousand times…”
- “Don’t do to anyone what you wouldn’t do to yourself.”
- “Shh! Don’t talk. I’m listening to the baseball game.”
- “Eat your soup.”
- “Eat your dinner. There are starving children in China.”
- “Pretty is as pretty does.”
- “Wait ‘til your father comes home!”
- “Blood is thicker than water.”
- “You do that now, or you don’t do it at all.”
- “Jesus loves you and so do I.”
- “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.”
- “If you get hurt, I’m not coming to the hospital to see you.”
- “Never say never.”
- “Ask your father.”
- “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to acknowledge all of the moms in our lives, both our own mothers and the special women who have nurtured, guided, and supported us throughout our lives.
All of us at Sunnyside wish a very happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms in our community!
Getting the Help You Need
Learn more about Sunnyside Manor’s resources for caregivers. Whether you’re looking for short-term support or a longer-term plan, we are here to help. Begin with our “Getting Started” guide, or call us at 888-696-2052 to speak with a senior living expert.
The all new Sunnyside Manor, located in Wall NJ, is the area’s premier senior living community. It features three distinctive neighborhoods: Independence ‘Plus’ Assisted Living, Recollections Memory Care and Skilled Nursing.