St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Sunnyside Manor
We’re excited to invite family and friends to celebrate all things Irish at Sunnyside Manor! Join us and go green with traditional Irish music and treats.
Celebrating the Green – Live Irish Music and Refreshments
Rescheduled: March 20, 2:30 p.m.
Get ready to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with traditional favorites! The fun starts at 2:30 with Irish Music from Joey Sudyka. Get in the spirit with Irish ballads, jigs, and folk music guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a spring in your step!
Then, stay for delicious treats: we’re serving up Irish coffee and traditional soda bread for all to enjoy.
Why celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Did you know…
- St. Patrick’s Day is a national holiday in Ireland and Northern Ireland. The holiday celebrates the Patron Saint of Ireland.
- Some of the largest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in the world are in the U.S. The St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City attracts between 150,000 and 250,000 people each year. It’s also the oldest St. Patrick’s Day parade. It was first held in the 1760s.
- The shortest St. Patrick’s Day parade is in Hot Springs, AK. It’s just 98 feet long!
- There are over 33 million people of Irish ancestry in the United States. That’s over seven times the population of Ireland!
- Ever wondered why shamrocks are associated with the holiday? It’s been told that St. Patrick used the three leaf shamrock as a teaching tool to teach about the Holy Trinity.
- The color originally associated with St. Patrick was light blue.
- There are 16 cities in the U.S. that share a name with Ireland’s capital, Dublin. The largest is Dublin, CA.
- Erin go Bragh! Frequently heard at St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, this phrase is derived from “Éirinn go Brách,” which means “Ireland Forever.”
The all new Sunnyside Manor, located in Wall NJ, is the area’s premier senior living community. It features three distinctive neighborhoods: Independence ‘Plus’ Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing.