Recollections Memory Care
Sunnyside Manor Recollections Memory Care Program: Safe and Supportive Care for Alzheimer’s and Memory Impairment
Schedule A Tour Now!
At Sunnyside Manor, we recognize the challenges faced by families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other memory impairments. Providing safety while honoring the individuality of each resident in our Recollections memory care neighborhood is our first priority.
Sunnyside Manor offers a safe, supportive, stable environment that adapts to the changing needs of seniors with memory impairment. Every detail of our memory care neighborhood is carefully considered to maximize independence, encourage engagement, and maintain and protect residents’ health.
- The layout of the neighborhood considers the physical and cognitive needs of those with memory impairment. The most important features are centrally located, with protected indoor and outdoor areas for walking. Colors and furnishings are selected to soothe and engage.
- The living room is a bright, comfortable space to gather. Just as one would entertain friends and family in their living room at home, the living room at Sunnyside Manor is a place to come together to chat, relax, and enjoy companionship. At different times of the day, one may find families visiting, or residents enjoying games, discussions, crafts, movies, and music.
- The Recollections patio offers residents safe and secure access to the outdoors. Residents enjoy the freedom of the outdoors with breathtaking views of the valley and acres of green space.
- Resident meals have the feeling of home in the country kitchen. Just like home, meals are plated at the table, which stimulates interest and attention. Cooking aromas surround the kitchen throughout the day, from coffee in the morning to savory meals in the evening, helping to stimulate hunger and provide sensory reminders of the pleasure of eating.
- A private dining room offers residents and families space to dine together. It’s an elegant, cozy space that is the perfect for celebrations with family and friends.
- Specialized recreational and therapeutic programming provides opportunities to engage, socialize, and remain as independent as possible.
- All staff in our memory care neighborhood are specially trained to assist with the unique needs of those with Alzheimer’s and other memory related impairments.
Memory Care or Assisted Living: Does my loved one need memory care?
Our trained staff will coordinate with your loved one’s physician to determine whether memory care is the best option. When evaluating a potential resident we consider:
A memory care neighborhood is usually the most secure option for those who may put themselves at risk by wandering into unsafe situations or are likely to leave their home without assistance and become lost.
Alzheimer’s and related memory disorders sometimes cause social behaviors that can lead to isolation. In a memory care neighborhood, these behaviors are less likely to cause isolation, allowing for the person with Alzheimer’s to more fully adapt, engage, and remain as independent as possible.
Support for Families
Sunnyside Manor offers a regular support group for families of people with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders. Please contact Pam Gormley at 732-528-9311 for more information.
Contact us today to learn more about our memory care program in Wall, NJ. If your situation is urgent, please call us at 888-696-2052.